- Shooting Range personnel are in direct control of the range at all times.
- Shooting Range personnel are authorized to inspect all firearms and ammunition.
- Range personnel will ban the use of firearms and ammunition they deem unsafe or not in good working condition.
- Range personnel have the authority to ban persons handling a firearm in an unsafe or careless manner, those persons will be asked to leave and will be barred from further use of the range.
FIREARMS SAFETY PROCEDURES
- All firearms must be unloaded and cased when brought into the complex. Concealed carry firearms must remain concealed.
- Shooters must remain behind the firing line at all times.
- If an object is dropped in front of the firing line (i.e. magazine, live rounds, etc.) contact range personnel for assistance.
- While in the shooting range, including moving to and from the firing line, firearms must be cased. UNATTENDED FIREARMS MUST BE UNLOADED.
- When on shooting range, firearms must be pointed down range at all times.
- A responsible adult must accompany persons under 18 years of age. The adult shall act as coach and must remain with the minor at all times while the minor is using the range.
- Only one shooter (or one shooter and one coach) is allowed in each shooting booth.
- Once the individual has entered the booth the firearm may be loaded and the firearm must be pointed down range. NO UNCASED FIREARMS ALLOWED OUTSIDE OF SHOOTING BOOTH.
- Accidental discharges, damages, injuries- NO MATTER HOW MINOR – MUST BE REPORTED TO RANGE PERSONNEL IMMEDIATELY.
- When leaving the firing line temporarily, unload the firearm; lay the muzzle pointed down range, with action open and visible.
- When finished shooting, unload the firearm and place into its case before leaving the booth; pick up all brass, targets, and garbage. Place items in appropriate disposal containers when leaving the range.
TYPES OF FIREARMS ALLOWED
- All types of handguns may be utilized.
- Any long gun that fires a pistol round (eg .22 LR, 9mm, .45 ACP) is allowed,
- Center-fire rifles in .17 to .30 caliber are allowed on Lane 1 (weekdays only).
- Shotguns are prohibited.
LANE USAGE 8 LANES
- Lanes 2-8 handgun caliber only.
- Lane 1 Rifle caliber or handgun
- Armor penetrating, steel shot, explosive or incendiary rounds are prohibited.
- Factory ammunition and reloads may be utilized on the range.
- Firing at other than approved targets will result in revocation of range privileges and liability for damages to include repair cost for damaged property (lights, fixtures, walls etc) as determined by range personnel.
EYE AND EAR PROTECTION
- ALL PERSONS ON THE RANGE MUST WEAR EYE AND EAR PROTECTION.
- Dry firing is only allowed on the firing line or in the classroom with certified instructor present.
- Anyone present on the firing line may call a CEASE FIRE indicated by the yellow flashing strobe.
- When you hear the command CEASE FIRE, or observe the yellow flashing strobe stop firing IMMEDIATELY, render the firearm safe, point the muzzle down range and lay the firearm on the tray. Step back from the firing line and wait for range personnel to announce when it is safe to resume firing.
MISFIRE OR MALFUNCTION
- If you experience a misfire or malfunction, keep your firearm pointed down range, wait at least one minute before attempting to clear. Then, if necessary place the firearm on the tray pointed down range and obtain assistance from range personnel.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND DRUGS
- Shooters may not consume alcoholic beverages or drugs (including prescription and over the counter medications) before or during live firing.
- Persons believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be refused use of the range.
PROHIBITED ON THE RANGE
- Smoking is prohibited inside the complex and on the firing range.
- Food and beverage is prohibited on the firing range.
- Pregnant persons not allowed on firing range.
- Convicted felons not allowed on the complex.
- No holster draw.
- No rapid fire.
- No shotguns.
- No slug guns.
- IN THE EVENT OF A MEDICAL EMERGENCY CALL 911 AND NOTIFY RANGE PERSONNEL IMMEDIATELY.